Making the Block1. Cut base square of background fabric measuring 15'' X 15" (38cm x 38cm). including 1/2'' (1.3cm) seam allowance.
2.Using templates and adding 1/4'' (0.3cm) seam allowance. lightly outline pattern onto base.
4. Applique four stem pieces B, two stem pieces C. and two stem pieces D in numerical order as shown in the diagram.
6. Applique four ribbon pieces J in numerical order .
Making the Flowers
Make 6 small flowers with template K and 3 large flowers with template I.
1. Place two pieces cut with same template right sides together. Sew around them, leaving opening. Turn right side out. Blind stitch opening closed. Finger press seam.
2. Fold, pin, and sew three points A to center.
3. Turn over. Fold, pin, and sew three points B to center.
4. Make petals by opening up part C of completed flower. Attach flower to base.