To create this fabulous set, you'll work on these pieces "inside out" in the round. The combination of beads is up to you, and, of course, the color possibilities are endless.
Necklace: (1 cm x 54.5 cm) with clasp
Bracelet.: (1 cm x 21.5 Cm) with clasp
for Necklace and Bracelet
• Wire Artistic Wire, 32-gauge (28 ml spool): 1 spool of red
• Beads. 35 g mixed beads including:
Size 6° and 8' seed beads
Square beads and bugle beads ranging in color from dark pink through shades of red to dark purple
• Hook:Steel size 6/1.80 mm
• Notions: Silver clasps
Randomly string about (1.6 m) of bead mixture on wire.
Notes: Always work on the inside of the tube. The beads will fall to the outside of the tube. Never join in rounds.
Ch 5, join with a sl st.
Row 1: (WS) Ch I, sc with a bead in each ch around, do not join. You are working in a spiral.
All following rows: insert hook under the bead for the next st from the previous row, push the bead over the hook to the right, sc a bead into the st.
Row 2: Sc a bead in each st around. Rep Row 2 until necklace measures (52 cm) long. When the work measures (51 cm), work one row without beads. Fasten off.
Attach clasp by inserting a jump ring into several layers of the crochet. Use chain-nose pliers to close the ring. Insert the remaining end of wire into the center of the piece and weave in. Finish off wire by working it into a bead and cutting close to the work.
TIPS AND HINTS:
• Every few rows count the number of beads in a round. If your bead count is off, either skip a stitch or increase a stitch to get back to 5 stitches per row.
• The bead you go under should be horizontal.
• Once a bead from a previous row has been crocheted it will look more vertical.
• At first, the piece will look flat; use the end of a knitting needle or pencil to push the center down and shape it into a tube.
• The thickness of the tube will vary from thin to thick depending on the size of the beads.
• If you need more beads, cut the wire leaving a (15 mm) tail, string on more beads and begin crocheting again working over the tails and weaving them in securely. You can also tie a knot in the two ends of the wire.
String about (1.6 m) of beads and work as for necklace. When the bracelet measures (18 cm), work one row sc without beads. Fasten Off Finish as for necklace.